The Rogers College of Law, the oldest law school in Arizona and one of the first established in the West, originated in 1915, when a department of law was created as part of the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences at the University of Arizona.
In 1925, the College of Law was established as the fifth college at The University of Arizona. In 1999, the College was renamed the James E. Rogers College of Law, in honor of the generous support of James E. Rogers, prominent attorney, businessman and philanthropist, who graduated from the College of Law in 1962.
During the College’s 85-year history, many of Arizona’s distinguished judges and lawyers have pursued their educations at the Rogers College of Law. In addition, our graduates hold positions of leadership in the legal, corporate and political arenas throughout the country.