Academic Title: Adjunct Assistant Professor
Office Phone: (520) 325-2053
ERISA & Employee Benefits Law (Law 695)
|Holland Law Center, University of Florida, LL.M. (1982)
||University of Arizona College of Law, J.D. (1981)
||Arizona State University, B.S. (1977)
Personal Work Experience
|Adjunct Assistant Professor, Rogers College of Law, , 2004 - present
||Attorney, Law Firm of Douglas J. Newman, P.C.,
| Recent presentations:
- Deferred Compensation - New Rules under Internal Revenue Code § 409A (Tucson Tax Study Group, Sept. 2006).
- Estate Planning (defining the "estate"; taxation considerations) (Sterling Education Services, Feb. 2006).
- 401(k), IRA and Other Accounts after the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act (Tucson Tax Study Group, Nov. 2005).
- Estate Planning and Issues at Retirement (Civil Service Retirement Program, Sept. 2005).
- Tax Issues with Retirement Plan Distributions (Lorman Education Services, June 2005).
- Estate and Gift Taxation; IRAs and Qualified Plans - Tax and Practical Issues; Dealing with Second or Troubled Marriages (Sterling Education Services, Jan. 2005).