Library Policies for Attorneys
Alumni residing in Arizona and members of the local bar may apply for a Law Library Community User Card in order to check out materials. The Law LIbrary Community User Card allows members to borrow regularly-circulating materials from the Law Library. The following criteria apply to all attorney borrowers:
- Law Library Community User Cards are limited to alumni residing in Arizona or current members of the local bar.
- There is an annual fee of $100 due to the Law Library’s use of the UA Main Library’s automated system.
- Bar members who already have a UA Main Library Community User Card, need to fill out the Law Library’s application form and show current bar ID at the Law Library circulation desk. We will update your existing record to incorporate your bar membership information.
- Circulation privileges are extended to the individual attorney only, not to organizations or individuals appearing on behalf of the attorney. (The UA Main Library issues corporate cards to business entities, but due to limited administrative resources, the Law Library cannot provide this service.)
- The Community User card does not allow remote access to databases nor does it confer interlibrary loan privileges.
- Check out is limited to regularly-circulating materials only. To see if an item circulates, you should refer to the online catalog at http://www.library.arizona.edu/. Items marked Library Use Only do not circulate. Circulating materials will show In Library, or, if already checked out, will display a due date.
- Loan period is 30 days. Replacement fees are automatically assessed when a second overdue notice is generated (two weeks after due date). When the item is returned the replacement fees are removed. These fees, if not paid, remain on the patron record and could prevent further checkout.
- You may renew your library materials at https://sabio.library.arizona.edu/patroninfo/. Click on Your borrower Info, then Renewals. Overdue materials may only be renewed by calling the law library circulation desk at 626-8023.
- You can download a borrower application form from the Law Library’s web site or you may pick one up at the law library irculation desk.
- Questions? Call the law library circulation desk at 626-8023, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Computing & Technology
The library has a number of public computers for legal research purposes and members of the local bar are welcome to use the public printers to print their research. The library also has several copying machines located throughout the library.
The library also provides free access to Westlaw and Shepard’s on dedicated computers for each service next to the Reference Office and on the lower level.
The library does not have the resources to support a copy service. However, as noted above, there are several copying machines located throughout the library.
Page Updated: 4 May 2010