Arizona Resources for Legal Advice
Where can I get free legal advice?
The State Bar of Arizona sponsors free legal advice programs throughout Arizona during the year in an effort the make legal services more accessible to the general public.
How can I find a local attorney?
There are a number of ways to find an attorney to represent you. You can ask friends and family for recommendations, look in the phone book, or the search the Internet for local attorneys. Also, there are many lawyer referral services available.
- State Bar of Arizona Find A Lawyer
- Pima County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (623-4625)
- ABA Consumers’ Guide to Legal Help - Arizona
- Martindale Hubble Lawyer Locator
How can I find a local attorney if I do not have much money?
Tucson/Pima County has several legal aid services to assist people with low incomes. Often these pro bono organizations have income requirements to qualify for assistance. Check their websites or call the organizations for more information. Also, some of the organizations provide referrals to possible sources of assistance.
Legal Aid Organizations
- Volunteer Lawyers Program of Arizona (520-623-9465) - Provides legal assistance to low income clients with with civil legal needs such as domestic relations, bankruptcy, employment, estate, housing, and immigration issues.
- Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc. (520-623-9465) - Provides legal assistance to eligible people with housing, domestic relations, immigration, public benefits, education, and consumers issues.
- Arizona Center for Disability Law (520-327-9547) - Provides assistance and referrals to people with disabilities.
Legal Aid Referral Services
- ABA Consumers’ Guide to Legal Help - Pro Bono - Arizona - Provides a list of Arizona legal aid organizations.
- Getting Free or Inexpensive Legal Help in Arizona - List of legal aid organizations in various counties provided by the State Bar of Arizona.
- AZLawHelp.org - Provides a list of Arizona legal aid organizations.
What information is available to help me find and choose an attorney?
- How to Find an Attorney: Encyclopedia of Everday Law
- I Need Legal Help - What Should I Do? - Information from the State Bar of Arizona.
What tools are available to help me learn about legal issues?
Page Updated: 22 September 2011