Consumer Protection Research Guide
Leah Sandwell-Weiss, Reference Librarian
This guide focuses on a few of the statute protecting consumers. The guide is not intended to be a comprehensive guide to consumer rights, but, rather, a brief overview of some of the legal protections available to consumers. The guide is also not intended to replace the advice of legal counsel.
This guide does not discuss bankruptcy or various Arizona statutes concerning particular businesses, such as linen supply services and pawnbrokers.
What do I need to know about consumer credit issues?
- How can the Fair Debt Collection
Practices Act help me?
- How can the Fair Credit Reporting Act help me?
What do I need to know about consumer contract issues?
- What is Arizona's Lemon Law?
- Are there any federal laws that
regulate the sale of vehicles?
- Are there any Arizona
laws that regulate telephone solicitation?
- What is the Three-Day Cancellation Rule?
Other Consumer Protection Issues
- What do I need to know about consumer fraud?
- What do I need to know about charitable organizations
- What UA Resources and Internet Links are available?
Last revised: 21 October 2008