General Federal Sites
- Constitution of the United States Annotations of Cases Decided by the Supreme Court of the United States, prepared by the Congressional Research Service, Library of Congress. Contains plain text of Constitution and its Amendments, as well as an annotated version, lists of acts ruled unconstitutional, etc. Current as of June 28, 2000.
- FirstGov.gov - Official Website for Searching the U.S. Government This website is "an easy-to-search, free-access website designed to give you a centralized place to find information from U.S. local, state and federal government agency websites." Contains topical listings, links to branches of the federal government, and a good search engine.
- FirstGov en Espanol A Spanish version of FirstGov.
- United States Government Manual Contains comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial and executive branches. The Manual also includes information on quasi-official agencies; international organizations in which the United States participates; and boards, commissions and committees. Files can be retrieved by searching the U.S. Government Manual database or browsing a list of documents in table format.
- Federal Websites in Spanish Prepared by the Oklahoma Department of Libraries.
- GovernmentGuide A commercial site sponsored by AOL, this site organizes federal and state government services by category, such as benefits & assistance, consumer services, health & safety, officials & agencies, etc., then pulls the site into a "frame." Also has a searchable federal government site directory.
- The Federal Web Locator Prepared by The Center for Information Law and Policy with the intent to provide one-stop shopping for federal government information on the Internet.
- Unclesam (Google) A specialized Google search page for government websites.
- U.S. Federal Government Agencies Directory A list of federal agencies on the Internet prepared by LSU libraries.
- GPO Access GPO Access is a service of the U.S. Government Printing Office that provides free electronic access to important information products produced by the Federal Government. The information provided on this site is the official, published version and the information retrieved from GPO Access can be used without restriction, unless specifically noted.
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications A searchable web version of the Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications, this site contains authoritative bibliographic records generated since January 1994 and is updated daily.
- FedWorld Information Network A comprehensive central access point for searching, locating, ordering and acquiring government and business information maintained by the National Technical Information Service (NTIS).
- University of Michigan Documents
Center The Documents Center is a central reference and referral point
for government information, whether local, state, federal, foreign or
international. Its web pages are a reference and instructional tool for
government, political science, statistical data, and news.
- Documents in the News Archive of government documents relating to current events going back to 1995.
- American FactFinder Produced by the U.S. Census Bureau, this site provides population, housing, economic, and geographic data.
- Forms.gov Provides "common access point" for citizens and businesses; can search by form number, agency, form name, or by keyword.
- Fedstats A federal government site designed to provide easy access to the full range of statistics and information produced by over 70 federal agencies for public use.
- Forms from the Feds Contains downloadable government electronic forms; site maintained by the University of Memphis Government Publications Department.
- Government Information Locator Service (GILS) GILS is a decentralized collection of agency-based information locators using network technology and international standards to direct users to relevant information resources within the Federal Government. This site allows searching of GILS information hosted by the Government Printing Office (GPO).