- EPA Envirofacts Queries, Maps, and Reports Provides tools to retrieve environmental information, including preformatted query forms and mapping applications.
- EPA Information Sources & Hotlines Contains a directory of hotlines and other information sources.
- Environmental News Network (ENN) A commercial website which provides environmental news and information.
- Wex - Environmental Law Contains a general overview of environmental law with links to federal statutes, regulations, and court decisions, and other environmental sites.
- European Environmental Agency (EEA) Contains information about the EEA, documents, studies, news, and links to European national environmental websites.
- Duke Environmental Law and Policy Forum Has full-text beginning with Vol. 7, No. 1 (Fall 1996).
- Electronic Green Journal Published by the University of Idaho Library, this journal has “peer-reviewed articles, book reviews, news, and information on current printed and electronic sources concerning international environmental topics”; has full text beginning with Issue 1 (June 1994).
- Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law Published by Florida State University College of Law; has full-text beginning with Vol. 11, no. 2 (1996).
- GreenLaw: The Journal of the Pace Center for Environmental Legal Studies Newsletter-type journal with full-text beginning with Vol. 4 (2001); also has links to other environmental websites.
Federal and State Environmental Agencies
- EPA Home Page
- EPA Regions Contains map and list with links to EPA regions.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) An agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, ATSDR's functions include public health assessments of waste sites, health surveillance and registries, applied research in support of public health assessments, information development and dissemination, and education and training concerning hazardous substances.
- Defense Environmental Network and Information eXchange (DENIX) on the Web A DoD website designed to provide timely access to environmental legislative, compliance, restoration, cleanup, and DOD guidance information; some areas limited to DOD personnel, but has a lot of information available for public use.
- Department of the Interior (DOI)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Reclamation
- National Park Service (NPS)
- Nature & Science The NPs natural resources website; contains links to publications, data, etc.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
(FSW) Contains links to current legislation and statutes concerning
FWS, publications, etc.
- Office of Migratory Bird Management Contains links to relevant Environmental Impact Statements/Assessments, publications, regulations, etc.
- U.S. Geological Survey
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Environmental Affairs Home Page Contains a guide to federal environmental laws and regulation, USGS policy guidance concerning NEPA, and links to other environmental websites.
- Biological Resources Division Contains links to various studies and reports concerning waterfowl regulations, land protection strategies for national parks, and water control practices for enhancement of fisheries; it also has information on the National Biological Information Infrastructure, a network of distributed databases and information sources on biological resources.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) The NIEHS conducts research on environmental-related disease; this site contains fact sheets concerning environment-related diseases and health risks, research information, etc.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Environmental Services Home Page
- NOAA Fisheries Also known as the National Marine Fisheries Service, this agency administers NOAA's programs which support the domestic and international conservation and management of living marine resources.
- USDA Forest Service Contains links to manuals, policy analysis, publications, etc.
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
- Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality
- California Environmental Protection Agency
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
- Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Georgia Environmental Protection Division
- Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- Iowa Environmental Protection Division
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
- Maine Department of Environmental Protection
- Maryland Department of the Environment
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources
- Montana Department of Environmental Quality
- Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
- New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- New Mexico Environment Department
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- North Dakota Environmental Health Section
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control - Environmental Home Page
- South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
- Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission
- Utah Department of Environmental Quality
- Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Washington Department of Ecology
- West Virginia Division of Environmental Protection
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Environmental Protection
- Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality
- EPA Air Projects and Programs Contains links to various projects and programs concerning this topic.
- Endangered Species Program Part of the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service; contains links to relevant statutes, regulations, policies, etc.
- Executive Order 12898, Federal Actions To Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations Dated February 11, 1994 (59 Fed. Reg. 7629 (1994)).
- Department of Justice Guidance Concerning Environmental Justice Signed January 9, 1995, by Attorney General Janet Reno.
- EPA Office of Environmental Justice Contains information about environmental justice, links to publications, policy guidance, etc.
- DOD Strategy on Environmental Justice Dated March 24, 1995.
- Interim Guide for Environmental Justice Analysis with the Environmental Impact Analysis Process (EIAP) Prepared by the Department of the Air Force and dated November 1997.
- Environmental Justice Database Searchable and browsable database of articles and books on environmental justice maintained by Michigan State University Extension; materials go back into the 1980s, but the database itself has not been updated since March 1, 1996.
- Environmental Treaties and Resource Indicators (ENTRI) Contains a searchable database of over 169 international treaties concerning the environment; latest treaty is dated 1995.
- Global Warming FAQs Site maintained by the National Climatic Data Center, National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.
NEPA/Environmental Impact Analysis Process
- Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) NEPAnet Contains links to relevant statutes, regulations, policy, studies, etc.
- Environmental Professional's Health and Safety Related Links A page of links to OSHA-related websites; also has links to other health sites, such as NIH, CDC, and some related to toxic materials.
Pesticides and Toxics
- EPA Pesticides, Toxics and Chemical Projects and Programs Contains links to various projects and programs on these topics.
- EPA Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances Contains links to various databases on these topics.
- EPA Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)and Risk Management Program (RMP) Training Modules
- EPA Pollution Prevention Projects and Programs Contains links to various projects and programs on these topics.
- EPA Waste & Recycling Programs Contains links to various projects and programs on these topics.
- EPA Water Projects and Programs Contains links to various projects and programs concerning this topic.