UNIFORMED SERVICES EMPLOYMENT AND REEMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ACT OF 1994 (USERRA)
Where Can Veterans Find More Information and Assistance?
- National Office: U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Room S-1316, Washington, D.C. 20210; Charles "Nick"Dawson, (202) 693-4711
- Arizona Office: Veterans' Employment and Training Service, U.S. Department of Labor, P.O. Box 6123-SC760E, 1400 West Washington, Phoenix, Arizona 85005; (602) 379-4961; FAX (602) 542-4103; Michael Espinosa, Director for Veterans' Employment and Training; Alfredo Mendoza, Assistant Director for Veterans' Employment and Training; DeeAnna Bratton, Veterans' Program Assistant
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) Employee/Employer Advisor (www.dol.gov/elaws/userra0.htm): Section of VETS website with USERRA information and links to other resources. This website contains a series of questions to determine if the veteran is covered by USERRA.
- A Non-Technical
Resource Guide to the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights
Act (USERRA) : A 19 page PDF document, dated March 2003, containing
basic information concerning USERRA.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR): www.esgr.org/
- National Office: 1555 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 200, Arlington, Virginia 22209-2405, (800) 336-4590.
- Arizona Office: William G. Valenzuela, Chair, (520) 887-5652; Thomas Quarelli, Ombudsman Coordinator, (602) 264-0258 . For more information or an updated list of coordinators, go to www.esgr.org/employers/aboutESGR.asp?c=contacts.asp and select your state from the dropdown list.
- Questions and Answers for Employers and Employees who participate in the National Guard and Reserve
Other Materials Available at the Law Library Concerning USERRA and Veterans' Rights
- Construction and Application of Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 U.S.C.A. §§4301-4333), 175 A.L.R. Fed. 437 (2002).
- Federal Veterans Laws, Rules and Regulations (Lexis Law Pub. 2003). Location: Law Reference KF 7709 .F31 2003.
- Veterans Benefits Manual (Barton F. Stichman, Ronald B. Abrams, & David F. Addlestone, eds., Lexis Law Pub. 2003). Location: Law Reference KF 7709 .V47 2003.
- Veteran Preference Employment Statutes: A State-by-State and Federal Government Handbook (V.I. Brown, McFarland 2000). Location: KF 3460 .Z95 B76 2001.
Federal Procedural Forms vol. 16A, § 68:116 to § 68:134 (Lawyers Cooperative Publishing Co. 1995). Contains procedural information, complaint forms, etc., for litigation of USERRA issues in federal court. Updated by pocket parts. Location: KF 8836 .F43 v.16A 1995.
Federal Regulations Implementing USERRA
Arizona Revised Statutes and Regulations Concerning Veterans Rights
UA Home :: UA
Law Home :: UA Law Library
Home :: About this website :: Privacy
Copyright © 2003 Arizona Board of Regents, All Rights Reserved.