Sun Mar 29 2015   
Bacon Immigration Law Program

What is the Travel Fund

Students wishing to attend moot court competitions, national or regional conferences or any other academic-related expenditure should apply to the Student Bar Association for travel funds. Here is an example of applying for funding:

  • Apply to the Student Bar Association for funding using the Travel Fund Application by the appropriate deadline. You MUST APPLY for funding BEFORE you travel. SBA and the Law College Association cannot give travel fund grants to those who have already traveled.
  • Receive dollar amount allocated to you by Student Bar Association from the Treasurer. This is typically done via email to the applicant.
  • Travel to event. Save receipts.
  • Give receipts, as well as SBA allocated amount to Ms. Kosonoy in Administration.


The money distributed is from a fund set up by the Law College Association. The SBA executes and allocates these funds based on:

  • Number of students in your organization
  • Number of students involved in the event
  • Number of SBA dues paying students in your organization
  • Whether the funds will support an on-campus event open to all students (e.g.: travel funds to bring in a guest speaker) or individual students' travel to off-campus events (e.g.: students attending out-of-state conference
  • If the funds will support individual students' travel, whether your organization or the individual(s) plan to present the information gained at the event to the student body and in what form (e.g.: short presentation at SBA or club meeting, etc.)
  • Whether the event will raise the national profile of the Rogers College of Law
  • Historic role of the requesting organization at the Rogers College of Law


If you have any questions about the Travel Funds or would like the application emailed to you please email Derek Graffious at

Last Updated: 12/02/2014