Completing your FAFSA
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), it is available online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- If you are a renewal-eligible FAFSA applicant (you filed the prior year), you will be asked if you would like to have your application "prefilled" with data from the previous year. If you agree, an application will automatically be filled with certain data from your prior year application.
- Obtain a PIN from the federal processor to be used as your electronic signature. If you do not have a PIN, or had a PIN and have lost it, visit www.pin.ed.gov prior to completing your FAFSA.
- List The University of Arizona (School Code 001083) among the institutions to which financial information is to be sent. Your FAFSA record can only list up to ten school codes.
- If you have already completed your FAFSA without listing The University of Arizona, file an online correction adding The University of Arizona. If there are ten school codes on your record, any new school codes that you add will replace one or more of the school codes listed. Please assure that the school being removed has already received your FAFSA information.
What You Will Need
- Estimated income and assets for the calendar year as you may be completing the FAFSA before your federal taxes have been filed. The FAFSA is available online beginning January 1 for the upcoming academic year.
- A valid e-mail address.
- A list of the school codes for the schools that you want to receive FAFSA information. To change schools, you must make a correction to your FAFSA.
- You are REQUIRED to file corrections to your FAFSA when your federal income tax return has been completed.
- Parents' income information is NOT REQUIRED for professional students.