Arizona Law inaugurated and now hosts the Environmental Breakfast Club, a monthly meeting of faculty and staff from all colleges at The University of Arizona. Approximately 90 members discuss works in progrss on the environment and natural resources. This forum enhances communication between departments and colleges, a critical aspect of the interdisciplinary approach of the Program.
Environmental Breakfast Club 2014 - 2015 Schedule
The Environmental Breakfast Club, a diverse group of faculty from various departments, programs and colleges on the campus who meet monthly at Arizona Law to discuss works in progress on the environment and natural resources, has released their schedule for the coming year. All presentations will be on the first Friday of each month (except January), from 8:30 - 9:45 a.m., in the Law College Faculty Lounge (Room 237).
- September 5, 2014 - Karl Flessa, Professor of Geosciences
Topic: Science and Policy of the 2014 Pulse Flow to the Colorado River Delta.
- October 3, 2014 - Gautam Gowrisankaran, Professor of Economics
Topic: Information Feedback and Long-Term Electricity Conservation:Â Evidence from the Tapestry Building, with Shahzeen Attari, Troy Simpson and Sabine Marx
- November 7, 2014 - Vic Baker, Regents' Professor of Hydrology & Water Resources
Topic: The 2011 Tohoku Tsunami and the Fukushima Nuclear Plant Disaster
- December 5, 2014 - Eric Lutz, Assistant Professor, Community, Environment & Policy Division, College of Public Health
Topic: Comparison of Diesel and Alternative Fuel Emission Exposures in Underground Mining
- February 6, 2015 - George Frisvold, Professor and Extension Specialist, Agricultural-Resource Economics
Topic: Climate Policy as Water Policy: Co-Benefits for Water Conservation and Quality
- March 6, 2015 - Eve Edelstein, Associate Professor, College of Architecture
- April 3, 2015 - Mona Hymel, Arthur W. Andrews Professor of Law
Topic: Using U.S. Tax Policy to Address Climate Adaptation Problems