|The Law Library's Electronic Services department offers College of Law students a wide variety of resources and services. For issues with UA Law Forums, Examsoft, non-wireless network issues, or student group email distribution lists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mohyeddin Abdulaziz at 621-3053, room 120.Network Support
For assistance with your wireless configuration, visit the wireless instruction page. If you have problems, please contact the Electronic Services staff in the law library, Room 109P, for assistance. Electronic Services will assist law students with network connectivity problems that may arise regarding access to the College of Law network. This includes the installation and configuration of network cards, and dial-up services. If your network access has been terminated by CCIT due to your computer being infected, call: 520.621.HELP(4357).
For services that the College of Law Electronic Services department cannot provide, students are encouraged to use the Office of Student Computing Resources (OSCR). OSCR is a campus organization dedicated to making technology accessible to UA students. OSCR oversees three open-access Helpdesk labs around campus, as well as the Multimedia Learning Lab, the Multimedia Classroom in AME, the Multimedia Zone in the Information Commons of the U of A Library, and OSCR Underground located in room 136 of the ILC. You can also reach an OSCR consultant by calling 626-TECH (8324).
OSCR Underground houses technical staff from a variety of organizations providing a broad range of services. OSCR Underground is located on the west side of the ILC courtyard; Map to OSCR Underground.
CCIT The Center for Computing and Information Technology (CCIT) supports and enhances communication and computer technology for the University of Arizona.
Electronic Services staff can provide limited support for computer-related issues. The Electronic Services office hours are posted on the door of 109P. Due to the nature of our supported population, we are not always in our offices during work hours; however, we are on-site. The phone number for the Electronic Services office is: 520.626.2613.
What we can do:
What we cannot do:
- Set-up student network accounts.
- Install your wireless card.
- Configure your wireless card.
- Configure an email client to access College of Law or UA email systems.
- Troubleshoot basic wireless connectivity issues (e.g., inability to connect to the access points).
- Troubleshoot email access issues.
- Troubleshoot law library computer access issues.
- Advise on a new computer purchase.
- Advise on a computer hardware purchase (e.g., wireless card, printer, or monitor).
- Advise on a software purchase.
- Assist in using Law Library computers.
- Assist in using the Law Library printing system.
- Assist in using Law Library computer software.
Each College of Law student is given a student user account. This allows them to access the computer lab computers, hard drive space on the College of Law network, and free 56k dial-up service to the Internet.
- Set-up student group email distribution lists.
- Install software other than required for wireless access.
- Install hardware other than wireless cards.
- Troubleshoot general operating system issues.
- Troubleshoot non-wireless related network issues (e.g., inability to access the web or email after connection to an access point has been established).
- Troubleshoot Examsoft issues.
- Troubleshoot UA Law Forums issues.
- Register a computer for DHCP access.
- Connect laptops to College of Law file servers.
- Connect laptops to College of Law print servers.
- Assist in using student owned software (including virus related issues).
Electronic Services offers software support for all software that is installed on the computer lab computers. Due to limited resources we cannot offer support for any software the law school does not own.
For website related problems or questions please contact the email@example.com