event of any emergency immediately call:
911 POLICE, FIRE, or MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
626-6016 POISON CONTROL CENTER
When reporting an emergency, be prepared to supply the emergency agency with the following information:
You are calling from the College of Law Library – Building # 176.
Our location at the northwest corner of Speedway Blvd. and Mountain Ave.
The nature of the emergency.
Your name and phone number.
Don't hang up. Let the emergency person end the conversation. They may have important information to pass on.
If the emergency occurs during regular Library hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) the Disaster Action Team Leader can be expected to immediately assume the direction of operations.
If the emergency occurs during other than regular hours. Once the emergency has been reported to the proper authorities, the Disaster Action Team Leader should be contacted. If that person cannot be reached, one of the following should be contacted in this order:
4. A professional member of the Library staff (designated by asterisks on the Law Library staff listing).
An emergency "blue
light" phone with direct access to University Police is also available
on the north (Helen Street) side of the College of Law at the parking lot.
Phone Tree Procedure
In the event all staff members must be contacted during an emergency situation, the following procedure should be followed:
1. Disaster Action Team Leader (or another member of the Disaster Action Team) will contact all other members of the Disaster Action Team
2. Disaster Action Team Leader (or another member of the Disaster Action Team) will contact the Library Director, the Head of Public Services, the Head of Technical Services, and the Circulation Supervisor.
3. The Head of Public Services, Head of Technical Services, and the Circulation Supervisor will contact the staff members who they supervise.
4. The Library Director may wish to contact appropriate College/University officials as the situation dictates.