Head of Technical Services & Adjunct Assistant Professor of Legal Research
1980, M.L.S., State University of New York/Geneseo
1966, B.A., History, University of Rochester
Robert Genovese joined the College of Law Library in 1985 with more than five years experience in specialized libraries in New York state. He holds a B.A. from the University of Rochester, and an M.L.S. from the State University of New York/Geneseo. He is in charge of all Technical Services operations at the College of Law Library. He developed an emergency preparedness program for the Law Library, which has been published in printed form with the title Disaster Preparedness Manual in multiple editions. He has also developed a web site called Design Features for Law Libraries examining various aspects of facilities design in law libraries across the United States. In his spare time he is an artist and an avid back country hiker.
- A One-Stop Web Site for Law Library Design: Web Site Provides Roundup of How Other Libraries Plan Space and Functionality, 7 AALL Spectrum 28 (May 2003), also available at www.aallnet.org/products/pub_sp0305/pub_sp0305_Web.pdf.
- Taking Care of Business: Further Along the Sabbatical Trail, 95 L. Lib. J. 475 (2003), also available at /www.aallnet.org/products/pub_llj_v95n03/2003-37.pdf.
- Disaster Preparedness Manual (1989, 1993, 1995, 1998, 2003, & 2006), latest revision available at www.law.arizona.edu/library/disastermanual/default.htm.
- Highways, Buildings, and Mountains: Driving My Way through a Sabbatical, 94 L. Lib. J. 343 (2002), also available at www.aallnet.org/products/pub_llj_v94n02/2002-23.pdf.
- Design Features for Law Libraries.
- Computer Automated Library Catalog at the University of Arizona Law Library, 12 The Writ 16 (Sept. 1993) (co-author, with Carol Elliott).
- Computer Automation Comes to the Law Library, 14 U. Ariz. L. Rec. 1 (Spring 1993).
- The Use of Library School Students for Technical Services Projects, 8 Technical Services Q. No. 4, at 63 (1991).
- A Disaster Preparedness Manual, 2 Trends in L. Lib. Mgt. & Tech. 1 (Mar. 1989).
- A Disaster Preparedness Manual, 2 Trends in L. Lib. Mgt. & Tech. 1 (Apr. 1989).