Computing & Technology: Computer Support
The Law Library's Electronic Services department offers College of Law students a wide variety of resources and services. However, for issues with UA Law Forums, Examsoft, or student group email distribution lists, please contact email@example.com.
OSCR & UITS
For services that the College of Law Electronic Services department cannot provide, students are encouraged to use the Office of Student Computing Resources (OSCR). OSCR is a campus organization dedicated to making technology accessible to UA students. OSCR oversees three open-access Helpdesk labs around campus, as well as the Multimedia Learning Lab, the Multimedia Classroom in AME, the Multimedia Zone in the Information Commons of the U of A Library, and OSCR Underground located in room 136 of the ILC. You can also reach an OSCR consultant by calling 520.626.TECH (8324).
More complicated computer issues are handled by the 24/7 IT Support Center through University Information Technology Services (UITS). The 24/7 IT Support Center is located in the Martin Luther King, Jr. Building, Room 207, 1322 East 1st Street (Mountain Avenue between 1st and 2nd Streets--on east side of Mountain Avenue). Use your CatCard for building admittance between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. The 24/7 IT Support Center has a very knowledgeable staff and they are quite helpful. They also offer phone support, 520.626.TECH (8324), as well as chat/remote support.
Electronic Services staff can provide limited support for computer-related issues. The Electronic Services office hours are posted on the door of Room 13. Due to the nature of our supported population, we are not always in our offices during work hours; however, we are on-site. The phone number for the Electronic Services office is: 520.626.2613.
Electronic Services Student Support Policy
What we can do:
- Troubleshoot basic wireless connectivity issues (e.g., inability to connect to the access points).
- Troubleshoot email access issues.
- Troubleshoot law library computer access issues.
- Advise on a new computer purchase.
- Advise on a computer hardware purchase (e.g., wireless card, printer, or monitor).
- Advise on a software purchase.
- Assist in using Law Library computers.
- Assist in using the Law Library printing system.
- Assist in using Law Library computer software.
- Set-up student group email distribution lists.
- Install software other than required for wireless access.
- Install hardware other than wireless cards.
- Troubleshoot general operating system issues.
- Troubleshoot non-wireless related network issues (e.g., inability to access the web or email after connection to an access point has been established).
- Troubleshoot Examsoft issues.
- Troubleshoot UA Law Forums issues.
- Register a computer for DHCP access.
- Connect laptops to College of Law file servers.
- Connect laptops to College of Law print servers.
- Assist in using student owned software (including virus related issues).
Electronic Services offers software support for all software that is installed on the computer lab computers. Due to limited resources we cannot offer support for any software the law school does not own.
Page Updated: 8/25/11